Sunday, August 10, 2008

Marlene maintains that "This apartment is so gay."


OMG the vacuum caught on fire! I guess it was to be expected; it had served me well for more than 15 years - I originally got it when I had a shaggy dog to clean up after.


So, it was off to Target to get a Dyson Ball (I had never even heard of it until Jesse was talking about it).


They say it is engineered with presicion; I say it's wierd. Stuff just does not work like you are expecting it to work. (Think of those car windows in 1980's and 1990's GM cars that you have to roll up and down ass-backwards and you'll know what I mean). But OMG does it suck up the dirt. I had to empty it THREE TIMES already.


My apartment has never been so clean. I covered the hideous mustard-ish golden yellow bathroom floor with these soft tiles from Target.



I like it a lot. They fit together like puzzle pieces. I especially like the cushiony feeling the floor gives your feet when you step on them.



And if they get dirty, just pick them up and wash them off and slap them back down again. Easy as pie!

My options were a dark grey/black, Hot Pink, or this subdued beige. I think I chose well.


I had not cleaned my bathroom since before I went to Texas on July 4th. And this is August 10th. What a relief to have it sparkling again. (Watch it sister - I've been busy having epidural injections and going to the beach and other important stuff).



Got rid of the rocking chair, opening up the dining room a little.........


Got rid of the television in my bedroom that I never ever use, opening up the space nicely...

Washed all the candle holders to make them shine, then dusted...


...got the balcony spic-n-span (now if I could only get those pillows back onto that papasan comfortably OMG).



...and cleaned and watered and fed the plants, and tossed the dead one.

Topped it all off with a candlelit evening!



I even swept the front landing (both floors) and stairs (but I am going to con Michael into handing me the garden hose over the fence when he comes home so that I can wash the concrete - it's all full of LA soot and grime YUCK).
All that's left is the kitchen, and going through the closet to find things to get rid of, by way of donation to Goodwill or something. I have too much junk!


I think I live in a wonderful place. But then, how could it NOT be wonderful, with me as the host?

LOVE TO ALL





2 comments:

Turtlelove 181 said...

Everything looks great David!!!

Anonymous said...

David, I've always liked the Zen quality of design you've put into your apartment. Looks Great. It's an honor to be your friend, indeed.

Mmmmwuah!
Craig