Sunday, February 8, 2009

Getting by with a little help from my friends...

What a busy week. Marlene and Howie prepared Dale a birthday dinner since we did not have a chance to celebrate his birthday with them before my surgery - meatloaf, potatoes, beans, carrots, and a chocolate cake with blueberries on top. It was decadent, and we scarfed it up like hungry dogs who had not eaten in days. OMG. How delicious. We were thankful for the delightful meal and company. (Carol was there too and made a shopping trip for me!).



All my friends helped me this week in some way or another, and helped me get back on track in ways that I cannot do for myself yet - including driving - and I give thanks for this assistance. Anda took me to the doctor, Jesse picked up grocery store items, took me to the doctor, took stuff to the mailbox, Chuck played Ukelele songs to brighten our day...
Dale, Jesse, and Michael took me for a cheeseburger (YUM) and took me shopping at IKEA for a candle run so that I could keep the wall lit...


I scored a bright orange dot where there used to be a red dot - I really like the orange...



Dale played general housekeeper and scrubbed and vacuumed and all sorts of other tasks that needed to be done - too many to list here... he also treated me to a hot bath with hot towels on my shoulders on Saturday, when I was feeling really poorly, and helped me start feeling human again. (And gave snuggles to DIE for). I give thanks for this assistance, given in such an empathetic and sincere way.



Michael humbly served to wash and dry my mattress pad in the laudromat, and to help change the bedding (yet another task I am prohibited from doing yet due to post-op physical limitations). I give thanks for this assistance and intend to offer my assistance in whatever capacity he deems necessary, in the same selfless way that he has done for me. And to everyone who has helped me, even in the smallest capacity.



I give thanks for the change in medication this week which seems to be helping the setback I had with an increase in pain. So, thanks to EVERYONE for helping me. I want to you to know that you are appreciated.







No comments: