Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Marcus is pure genius.

I told him that Saturday was the 2nd anniversary of that horrific surgery. And that I was expecting guests again, who are coming for the Palm Springs International Film Festival. He observed that I always remember dates when bad things happened, and asked if I remembered anything good to celebrate. I told him that January 18 is the 16th anniversary of my mom's kidney transplant. He was skeptical, but came around when I noted that it is a great date, every one that passes means that I got to keep my little mom another year against all odds. I told him that I would count college graduation but that I did not walk the stage, because I did not want to have to deal with all my silly arguing family and called it off rather than have them ruin the day.
.
So, since one of the conditions that I set when I told the universe that I was amenable to moving to the desert if all the cards lined up right, was that I wanted it to be a place where I could interact with others with my most authentic self. And they did line up right, and here I am. Finally, I have my living space back to myself, and all fixed up like I want it, for the most part. I mean, decorating is a never ending job, right? And I am ready, willing, and able to begin to create new traditions and anniversaries to remember. I don't have a whole lot of history in my life to celebrate because something was always wrong, someone was always not happy with the situation, or some bad thing had happened, or someone was wallowing around in drama of their own creation but refused to see. But now, I am a self-sufficient, grown up adult, and don't have to wait around on them anymore. It is time to get busy and try new things and go new places and create happy memories now that I have no boss to answer to making me miserable, no schedule to adhere to, although a more regular schedule is a plan that I have, in order to help me eat better, manager depression better, and feel better overall. But really, as I have grown to love my isolation, I am realizing that I have no more reason not to create the memories and life that I want. I can learn to accept my slower pace, my restricted motion, and my physical discomfort. It's the rest of life that is free from restriction. I have to seize that and run with the ball.
.
I don't have to be anxious about being single either, because I know that nothing less than the high vibration guy who I long for would do at all, and that finding him is the proverbial needle in a haystack. I can do nothing but trust and participate in life. There is no other strategy to finding my Twin Flame. Once we spot each other, it will be all over. So, there is nothing to be anxious about.
.
First new anniversary date - 11-9-10 - the first day I met Marcus. Although, I love the idea of having an annual New Year's Eve party for those who would like to attend. It was wonderful to have people who I love around to chill out and to celebrate that happy occasion. So, on to the next thing to remember!

No comments: