Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Saw surgeon today...

This view looking at me from the front, showing the screws that go deep into my pelvis on each side.

Stitches came out - doctor is pleased as punch. Took these x-rays showing all the ridiculously long screws.


I am lying on my left side in this view.



Got a Bone Growth Stimulator that I have to wear for 8 hours per day. Sort of like a TENS Unit, only I cannot feel the electric current. He says we are looking at 6-8 months before the fusion is solid, although some people heal faster than that. I think I will be a fast healer.

Thanks to Anda for the ride to the doctor! I am still on no-driving-privileges. HATE IT. Thanks to Michael and Jesse (I LOVE YOU, MAN) for running upstairs to roll up my shades when the wind kicked up - YIKES. A lot can happen when you are away for just a few minutes.

LOVE TO ALL, JUDGMENT FOR NONE - FOR WE ARE ONE.

Every day that passes gives new meaning to that phrase, and I am very appreciative and thankful to have these realizations.

2 comments:

Turtlelove 181 said...

That is very impressive I believe you’ll be a fast healer too. Just say away from the Dr. Depper

david said...

No soda in this house. My mom allowed me to have one a day, but I only had about three of four and soon grew tired of them. No cigs in this house. I love to smoke, and I want to, but this far into it, I have no desire so why fuck it up. I WILL heal fast because I INTEND to heal fast, and I have helpers like YOU. I love you and will be happy to return the favors whenever needed.