Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"You’ve Got a Friend"

http://www.healyourlife.com/blogs/louise-hay-blog/youve-got-a-friend

"Friendships can be our most enduring and important relationships. We can live without lovers or spouses. We can live without our primary families, but most of us can’t live happily without friends. There’s a great need in most of us to share life experiences with others. Not only do we learn more about others when we engage in friendship, but we can also learn more about ourselves. Friends can be mirrors of our self-worth and esteem. They afford us the perfect opportunity to look at ourselves, and the area where we might need to grow.

Ask yourself these questions to help you look at the friends in your life:
What were your first childhood friendships like? How are your friendships today like those? For example, “I always allowed myself to be bossed around by my friends. I still look for friends who are bossy.” What did you learn about friendship from your parents? What kind of friends did your parents have? What kind of friends would you like to have in the future?

Remember: the best friend you have in the entire world is YOURSELF!

Let’s affirm: I trust myself, I trust life, and I trust my friends."



No comments: