Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Gifts Our Friends Give Us

The greatest gift in the world, in my opinion, is being given the freedom to express to someone how much they mean to you, and to express that you completely and unconditionally love them down to the last hair on their little toe, no matter what. When this happens, you begin to perceive them as the very same soul, observing yourself with their eyes. This is where God lives.

This has been the most precious gift I have received from a group of people who I am fortunate enough to have this freedom with.

You get to express love.
You get to express joy.
You get to express happiness.

You get to express disappointment.
You get to express confusion.
You get to express vulnerability.

You get to express anger.
You get to express bewilderment.

You get to express the fear that you would be *nobody* without them.

You get to heal this and other fears, since you are free to express them.

You get to express forgiveness (especially of yourself).
You get to express the growth of your soul as you change.
You get to express to them their Divinity.

You get to express deep appreciation for all of these things.

This is why I love my life. This is why I am so excited to be alive for the first time in over 20 years. The prospect that my presence on earth migh allow someone the freedom to express themselves unconditionally, and that my presence might allow someone to experience the sort of growth that I have experienced, is such an exciting and awesome perspective to have.

LOVE TO ALL, JUDGMENT FOR NONE, ESPECIALLY OURSELVES.

No comments: