Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Separation Anxiety...

"...is a psychological condition in which an individual has excessive anxiety regarding separation from home or from people to whom the individual has a strong emotional attachment (like a father and mother)," according to Wiki (hey - I was in a hurry).

Now that I have been off work almost two weeks, and have had so much alone time with my thoughts, I have recognized that one of my core background tapes playing through my head is what I can only describe as a feeling of "separation from the One." I have never felt completely and totally at ease on earth, for any significant length of time, and this very deep-seated and very warped emotion makes me ponder each person I last touched, and wonder if that will be the last touch I ever experience. It could be argued that this is a product of in being raised in a non-affectionate family (not a very touchy-feely group, those Texans). I am not so sure, because the way I experience this is connected to a time when I was not present on the earth plane, a time when I felt totally and utterly at ease and at peace and in LOVE - a time when that State of Being was the usual state-of-affairs. Was this a prior lifetime? Was this when I was in a higher plane of existence before coming here? There is no message that I am trying to convey, other than the fact that I have identified this thread flowing through my brain as background noise, and that it is a very critical piece of whatever is left of my old 3D ways. I have purged almost everything else, and now my attention is being directed at my very Essence for a good cleanup. And you know I can resist no challenge from any corner of my psyche.

BE Love, EMBODY Love, GIVE Love - it is all we have.

P.S. What a wonderful and sacred journey this has been to the center of my being. The layers of onion continue to peel away, eventually leaving my bare soul. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

david said...

The counselor had lots of insight about the separation anxiety. I like her a LOT. It's that inner child screaming out for affection. I am directed to be a stern adult and to inform my inner child daily that he is perfect, loved, valuable, and safe, in all endeavors.