Saturday, October 11, 2008

*Screw* chicken soup.

I'm ordering Domino's.

This being sick is for the birds. It has been a long time since I felt this bad, so I can't complain too much.


I guess it is good practice for the upcoming surgery where I will be opened from head to toe again for the removal of my hardware and low back reconstruction.
After my surgery in 1979, I remember waking up and thinking that I had either been cut in half, or that I had died and that I was in Hell. (Yay! for my outgrowing Christianity, with its hellfire and damnation messages. How tiresome).


I think I need to buy a copy of "Frida" to get my mind ready for the battle. The look on our faces is not the only thing that we share.

I have never been too philosophical about my own difficulties in physicality, but this time is different. Whether my desire to become a philosopher is due to the wisdom of age, or the realization that none of us is in control of this life on the earth plane, it is time for me to take a new direction with my life. Why attempt the collection and cultivation of objects and things, when they are so transient? This journey of life is about the expression of compassion and love, and that's all.

No comments: