Sunday, April 26, 2009

Would You Lie With Me?

To lie down beside you is my one true dream
To have you all through the night is my greatest desire
I want to have you near me to warm my lonely bedside
I want us to comfort one another and delight in each other’s aspirations
If I should lay here
Would you lie with me?
Would you keep me close and hold me tight
To make sure everything is right?
Could you remain until the nightmares have gone?
Or all the tears on my pillow have dried?
Would you listen if I told of all my failures or when my hopes for life had died?
Would you stay awake through the late hours to make sure I’d fallen asleep?
Or to dry every tear that falls from my face when I have begun to weep?
If I should lay here
Would you lie with me?

by Marissa http://allpoetry.com/poem/2991462

No comments: