Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Dreamtime.

I never remember my dreams. For some reason last night, I was conscious throughout the Dreamtime, recognizing dreams that had been recurring over and over again for quite some time. I know that once I had a recurring dream for 10 years that just stopped one day. Anyway, the dreams I had last night were really strange, because some of them have story lines that had reached a certain point and then stopped. No matter how many times I have had the dreams, I was never able to see past a certain point in the story, no matter where I looked or which detail I focused upon. But last night, some of the dreams resolved. It was so strange to get forward motion when for so long stagnation had been present. Some of them are very abstract, and some are very explicit.
If you had questioned me yesterday, I would have denied any conscious knowledge of these dreams or of their significance. The one that seemed to resolve concerned my feeling of being alone in the world. The dream takes place in Hawaii, at a hotel or residence with a large, thin rectangular-shaped swimming pool, like for 5 people to do laps next to each other, and a cafeteria or restaurant in which to eat. This dream always left me feeling the same as in my daytime conscious state, floundering around and looking for my "family," feeling very vulnerable, isolated, anxious, judged, fearful. But last night, there were tons of people everywhere in my dream, and my "family" showed up, in a car I think, we ate and were sociable, and we went into the pool. But then, I was surrounded on all sides by those who were judgmental, and exited the pool, clutched a towel, and snuck my way out, feeling either fearful or judged or shameful or some combination of these. It was strange. Does this mean that I Am now going to meet my "family" of like-minded people? Are they in Hawaii? Does the dream simply reference my spiritual studies and newfound understanding and devotion to the expression of love in every moment, to all of creation - meaning that I have joined the legion of others who were already on that wavelength?

1 comment:

R said...

Try not to analyze this, the most important, of your dreams. I had a series of dreams for years where I was only partially "flying", but it was out of control. One night, I had a dream and I was like Superman, zipping around up and down! Who knows why we "progress" in a dream. But, as a state of unconsciousness, we are best to not think too much about it. I know this: you passed a big milestone and you should be happy! Just don't think too much about it. The waking life keeps us busy enough, try to truly rest when you sleep. You'll look back on this in the not to distant future, and it'll all make sense. Or, you won't care. Sweet dreams!