Friday, October 9, 2009

Fun anybody?

I have been having trouble remembering the last time I had alcohol to drink. I am thinking it was wine when I was in the desert in late April when the pain doc agreed that I should go away and get some sunshine to combat depression. I am so profoundly relaxed now that my depression lifted and I gained some spiritual insights that had long troubled me, I guess I have no urge whatsoever to drink. I was never a big drinker in adulthood, and was always a lightweight, prone to sickness, headaches, and vomiting if I drank the smallest bit over my two-drink maximum - a lesson learned in my twenties before I understood the effects of alcohol on my well-being. Sometimes I wonder if I am missing out when I see people having what seems to be so much fun, during the consumption of alcohol. I derive from this the idea that I need to get out and have more fun. Especially now that I am beginning to feel almost like a person again.

No comments: