Friday, October 16, 2009

A week of the flu.

Nothing much going on these days, I am recovering from a week of a severe case of the flu, with fever, heavy chest and head congestion, sweats, and a little abdominal cramping. Thankfully no nausea or vomiting. I slept well Thursday night and woke up Friday lying on my back breathing through my nose, which is a great sign. Still lots of congestion. I wish there was a no-snot pill.
.
Had to cancel all credit and debit cards and get them reissued with new numbers due to fraudulent activity on two of them. I can only guess that it was a computer hacker that got the information, who knows. But, during this process I discovered a lost credit card, so I just asked that they all be cancelled and reissued. DRAMA.
.
My mother reports that she is at her wits' end and does not want to live with my sister anymore, and I want to do something about it but cannot. I protested strongly when she unilaterally decided to make that move, and warned her repeatedly. Now she has to lie in the bed she made until circumstances allow her and sister to part ways. She tells me that she will actually cut all contact with sister and the children, that she does not want them to know where she is or have anything to do with them at all. I can vouch that the situation is beyond hopeless, and that I am sad to see that the generations of family dysfuntion are going to be repeated indefinitely as my neices and nephews grow up and have their own families.
.
As for me, I am reaching the stage where I am beginning to think about what it is that I want to do with my life since all ties have been cut from my former life as a claims examiner. In trying to find what it is that sparks my passion, it is so curious to try to revisit youth because I find that I have forgotten what it was that I wanted to do in the first place. I suppose it is just a matter of finding what is my passion and acting on that for now. I most certainly love metaphysics and the expansion of consciousness awareness, so I wonder how I will be able to make that a vocation, if I am able.
.
Right now I just want to shower and eat and clean up my dirty house. My energy is low and I am going to have to continue to take it easy for probably another week.

No comments: