Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Key to Freedom.

"To Risk"
.
"To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
To express feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
.
To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who asks nothing, does nothing, has nothing and is nothing.
They may avoid suffering and sorrow, but they can not learn, feel, change, grow, love, live.
Chained by their attitudes, they are slaves.
They have forfeited their freedom.
Only a person who risks is free."
.
--author unknown
.
I am willing to risk that the present moment and the future are not doomed to be a repeat of the past! Without hope for change, one is already dead. I AM LOVE. It gives me great pleasure to be able to share Love and give it away. And in so doing, it is returned to me many times over. But none of that compares to the pleasure that I get from giving Love and appreciating my compassionate nature. I would not want to be anything else.
.
I am willing to risk that telling a new story will not have any effect on what I perceive in my world on a daily basis. I intend to tell the story that I am surrounded by and engulfed by and comsumed by Love, whether or not I am feeling that way or not. Great teachers have said that the trick is just to change your mind. Conventional wisdom even proclaims that "you have to think positive."
.
And so it is.
.
I INTEND, TO ALLOW MYSELF TO BE THE FULLEST EXPRESSION OF LOVE THAT I AM, IN EACH MOMENT!

No comments: