Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lighted Candle Prayer Requests

for Michael

Donna

Shirley

Cindy

Jesse (dude the months ahead are going to push every button that you have so hang on tight)

May you all be found in the highest light of all, surrounded by all that is good.

Don't let your fears drag you into hell.

That is an illusion.

There is still abundant Love and Life here for you on this planet. No darkness can escape, and you are the conduit through which Love shines. Simply find the center of your heart and act from there. Allow the Divine to act through you, as you are co-creators in the acts that are unfolding before you. Remeber that in any given moment, if you are feeling an emotion that you do not want, you can simply select again. (I know that is a hard one to wrap your mind around, but it is true I promise).
.
And about caregiving...
.
"Caregivers Should Give Themselves A Break"
.
"When you find yourself as the primary caregiver of the family you realize what a huge responsibility has been placed on your shoulders. Caregiving is an enormous undertaking that requires an incredible amount of patience and attention to detail. There is a tendency among caregivers to give so completely that they often neglect their own needs. Here are a few simple tips to help those who so willingly put someone else above themselves.
.
Caregiving is a job, and you earn the right to have a break. Just as parenting is a full-time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week job, so is caregiving. It is draining, emotionally and physically. So make sure that you reward yourself with respite breaks often. Oftentimes your local social service department will have a list of respite caregivers who can provide the necessary care while you take some time for yourself. Make sure that you are taking stock of your own emotions on a regular basis, not just ignoring them. Be on the lookout for signs of depression, which is a common occurrence among caregivers, and talk to your doctor quicky if you feel that you are experiencing symptoms. When others offer to help you, don’t think that you have to be an island. Take them up on their offer, and tell them exactly what they can do that would do you the most good. Also, remember that as a caregiver your back needs special attention. You spend a lot of your time bending, lifting, pushing, and pulling, so take care that you don’t injure yourself.
.
As a caregiver, look for ways that can benefit your life and your loved one’s. If there are technologies available that would allow your loved one to be more independent, put them to good use. The most important thing to remember is that you don’t have to do everything all on your own. There are support groups and friends and family members that want to ease your burden. Take advantage of their assistance, and give yourself a break."
And a poem
when I give to you...
I am giving to my self...
for there is only me here....
the concept of "other" is what has kept us in duality....
trapped in a dream of "there could be another..."
there has only eternally been "one"and YOU are that one....
thereforewhat "ever" I give to you I am giving to myself!!!!!!!!!!!
if I judge you I judge me....
if I extend love to you I extend love to me....
if I forgive you I can only be forgiving "me"for there is only me here....
take this deep within....
then...
miracles...
magical moments will fill you....
enlighten you....
the only real giving is
the giving of your divinity
to all of yourself....
denisadeniseanew@aol.com

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I am buckled in and ready. Work is ready to go over the top; and I expect Jan & Feb will be as hard as most of last year combined. New philosophy: life is big, messy & unpredictable - roll with it and just do the very best I can at every moment.