Saturday, August 22, 2009

Intervention.

So my friends think that I am emotionally abusing them by requiring affection, which makes perfect sense because I felt emotionally abused being ignored. Of course the mirror would show the two sides of that story. I understand their plight and promise to not contribute to making them feel emotionally abused. I hope they understand my point of view and don't ignore me. Really, wouldn't it be nice if I had so much attention that I did not care whether or not they ever ignored me. I'll work on creating THAT reality for myself.
They seem to think that inpatient treatment (for depression) is a good idea, and frankly, it has crossed my mind. I'll make some calls on Monday.

3 comments:

Turtlelove 181 said...

looking forward to Monday..
We realy do love you.

david said...

I know in my heart that you do. Are you sure you are ready? The first thing they are going to tell me is that I can't be around you and Jess when you are drinking, and probably to move away from here (that's in the works, but the time is just not yet right).

david said...

You know what else? Since we have covered what is inappropriate, I wonder if you could please communicate to me how and when it would be appropriate to express my love and appreciation for you and Jesse; I do not want to intrude, although you have both said repeatedly that I am welcome to knock on the door, but I hate to do that since I understand the demands of working and all that and understand your right and need for privacy. I ask for your assistance with this because when I am allowed to express with you my feelings and gratitude for you, the love comes back at me 100-fold - I guess it is because I am tapping into my own heart-center. Shall we like do "date nights?" That does not sound appealing to me and I know you are opposed to structure as much as I am. So I wonder how we can get creative and give ourselves an appropriate outlet. It would be a complete shame to be unable to express this amazing love and gratitude, especially in this day and age when it is so hard to come by.