Sunday, August 30, 2009

Doves nested in my carport.

The day after I got home from the hospital, a visitor was sitting on my car.

This bird is not scared of me. One day, s/he was standing on the sidewalk as I was going inside, so I stopped and remained motionless and cooed so that s/he could learn to recognize me.


Now, s/he poses for photos!



Michael says that s/he is watching over us - we are all having very difficult times right now.




Later, Michael snapped these photos of the little ones. They stay in the nest with one parent while the other goes to feed and bring back goodies for the baby birds.



I placed a feeder full of seeds where they can reach it. So cute!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm kind of new here, but I was wondering if you would be interesting in doing a link exchange? I've got a blog with a blogroll that I just started and it's all about carports. If you would like to check it out, it's:

http://yourcarportguide.com/

Have a great one!